- What is the meaning of Personnel Administration?
- What is the nature of Personnel Management?
- What are the principles of personnel management?
- What constitutes a good personnel administration?
- What are the functions of personnel administration?
- What are the objectives of personnel function?
- What is the importance of personnel management?
- What are the scope of personnel management?
- What is the difference between HRM and personnel management?
- Why is personnel important?
- What is police personnel and records management?
- What’s the meaning of personnel?
- What are the main objectives of human resource management?
- What are the types of personnel management?
- What is the nature of public personnel administration?
What is the meaning of Personnel Administration?
: the phase of management concerned with the engagement and effective utilization of manpower to obtain optimum efficiency of human resources..
What is the nature of Personnel Management?
Personnel management is the obtaining, using and maintaining a satisfied workforce. It is concerned with employees at work and with their relationship within the organization. Personnel management is the administrative discipline of hiring and developing employees so that they become more valuable to the organization.
What are the principles of personnel management?
1. Principle of Maximum Personnel Development: By this principle, the workers are developed to the maximum extent, so that their developed ability, cleverness, productivity and efficiency can be used for the firm’s objective. 2.
What constitutes a good personnel administration?
They should be highly organized, as many handle aspects related to health benefits and retirement packages, and possess strong leadership traits. Personnel supervisors also typically need to understand how to operate computers and software used to keep track of employee records and performance.
What are the functions of personnel administration?
10 important functions of personnel administrationPlacing the right man on the right job.Selecting new employees for the organisation.Training men for jobs that are new to them. … Improving job performance of each man.Gaining creative co-operation and development of smooth working relationships.Interpreting the company policies and procedures.More items…
What are the objectives of personnel function?
Scott, Clothier and Spiegel state that “the objectives of personnel management or personnel administration in an organization are to obtain maximum individual development, desirable working relationships between employees, and to effect the moulding of human resources as contrasted with physical resources”.
What is the importance of personnel management?
1. To establish employee recruitment and selection systems for hiring the best possible employees consistent with the organisation’s needs. 2. To maximise the potential of each employee in order both to attain the organisation’s goals and ensure individual career growth and personal dignity.
What are the scope of personnel management?
Now the scope of personnel management has become wide and is concerned with organizing human resources with a view to maximize output and profits of the organisation and to develop the talent of the employees at work to the fullest possible extent securing personal satisfaction (job satisfaction of the employees) and …
What is the difference between HRM and personnel management?
Personnel management is a little old and a more traditional way of handling employees at a workplace; whereas HRM is a more modern and a more specific approach to managing human resources in an organization.
Why is personnel important?
Good personnel management is responsible for creating and maintaining a harmonious working environment. This includes ensuring that the compensation and benefits strategy for the business encourages success, employee disciplinary and grievance procedures, effective communication, and solid health and safety policies.
What is police personnel and records management?
Police Personnel Management (Human Resources Management) may be defined as that area of management concerned with human relations in the police organization. … The need for a more efficient management of human resources is very demanding today.
What’s the meaning of personnel?
noun. a body of persons employed in an organization or place of work. (used with a plural verb) persons: All personnel are being given the day off. personnel department.
What are the main objectives of human resource management?
4 Main Objectives Of Human Resource ManagementDefine an organizational structure which drives productivity. … Developing effective coordination and communication within the organization. … Dedicate time to finding the right staff and developing their skills base. … Embracing wider societal and ethical developments.
What are the types of personnel management?
What are the Personnel Management Types? Meaning.Architect. Personnel Manager who has a strategic involvement in the business. … Contracts Manager. Expert negotiator, maintaining order and regulating the employment relationship through systems based on formal politics and procedures. … Clerk of Works.
What is the nature of public personnel administration?
“Public Personnel administration” involves, the management of all an agency’s human resources in a manner that assures the best output with the least costly input, while protecting and enhancing the welfare of the workers (Hanlon & Pickett, 1984).