- Do drill sergeants lose their voice?
- Why do drill instructors talk funny?
- Do they shave your head in the Army?
- What should you not say to a drill instructor?
- What is the hardest military boot camp?
- What happens if you fight your drill sergeant?
- Do drill sergeants read your letters?
- What rank is a drill sergeant?
- Does the military open your mail?
- What happens if you cry in basic training?
- Do drill sergeants swear?
- Why do Marines say Hoorah?
- Can drill sergeants hit you?
- Who gets more money Army or Marines?
- How many hours do you sleep in basic training?
- How many hours a day is basic training?
- What happens if you cry at Marine boot camp?
- What do drill sergeants yell?
- What is a Marines salary?
Do drill sergeants lose their voice?
Drill instructors literally scream so hard at recruits that they can pass out, give themselves hernias, or do serious and permanent damage to their vocal chords.
While they do lose their voices on occasion, they have become masters at getting it back fast..
Why do drill instructors talk funny?
Drill instructors think recruits do and say some pretty funny things. Lanier said he was tempted to laugh nonstop while on DI duty. “It’s just the things recruits say,” he said. “They’ll think they’re saying something so serious, but it’ll come out so ridiculous and you just want to laugh.”
Do they shave your head in the Army?
During initial processing for Basic Military Training (BMT), male Airmen will have their heads completely shaved. Female Airmen are not required to have hair cut; however, hair must be worn up or short enough to not touch the collar.
What should you not say to a drill instructor?
Originally Answered: What should you never say to your Drill instructor? Take your pick- don’t say anything even remotely memorable, funny, smartass, stupid- here is what you do NOT want to happen in ANY boot camp for the military- you do not want me to know your name! EVER!!!
What is the hardest military boot camp?
San Diego training stationThe Marines’ San Diego training station is the toughest in the nation: 688 recruits broke lower-leg — tibia and fibula — bones there from 2004 to 2010 (that translates into a rate of 28.9 fractures per 1,000 years of training).
What happens if you fight your drill sergeant?
Drill sergeants are loyal to their own, so expect them to join in swinging — even if they clearly have the fight won. Finally, there’re the repercussions. The fool that initiates a fight is going to jail and is getting swiftly kicked out with a dishonorable discharge — no ifs, ands, or buts.
Do drill sergeants read your letters?
2. The Drill Sergeants Open my Letters. The Drill Sergeants won’t open his letters (though they very well might open his packages, if he gets any). However, if a letter arrives with a suspicious feel–like lumps of gum or a stack of photos, they will ask your soldier to open the letter in front of them.
What rank is a drill sergeant?
Drill sergeant candidates must hold the rank of E-5 through E-7. Sergeants must have at least one year time in grade, have at least four years of active federal service and be a Basic Leader Course graduate. AIT platoon sergeant candidates must be an E-6 or E-7.
Does the military open your mail?
3. Soldiers are not to reveal anything about their troop in letters to home, particularly information like location, movement, and information about the wounded. During the World Wars, a unit’s commanding officer was required to read all outgoing mail from his troops to make sure security was not breached.
What happens if you cry in basic training?
You are sent to the crying room/safe space & given all the time you need. Just remember to ask your drill sergeant’s where it is when you get there. First of all, the Army does not have boot camp.
Do drill sergeants swear?
Except this is the new Army, an army that no longer allows drill sergeants to be cussing, ranting, abusive beasts. They cannot slap, hit, kick, punch or call privates names anymore.
Why do Marines say Hoorah?
The true popularization of the word came in the ’80s and ’90s, when it fully emerged from the murky secrecy of Marine reconnaissance through drill instructors and by other means into use by Marines around the world. “As far as I had been told, ‘Oorah simply means ‘let’s kill,'” said Staff Sgt.
Can drill sergeants hit you?
Drill Instructors/Drill Sergeants don’t physically touch recruits. They don’t hit or physically assault recruits, ever. They come close, but they never physically hurt or even touch recruits. Another thing that is important is that everything they do is for a purpose, a rehearsed, manufactured, and engineered purpose.
Who gets more money Army or Marines?
Personnel in the Army and Marines receive the same pay for the same rank, experience and duties. This is because, like all members of the Armed Forces, they use the exact same pay tables. This ensures fairness and emphasizes that the risk to all service personnel are the same, regardless of service branch.
How many hours do you sleep in basic training?
Most soldiers reported a reduction in sleep duration and quality since entering BCT, citing that they were used to sleeping an average of 8 to 9 hours at home, but averaged 5 to 6 hours per night in BCT.
How many hours a day is basic training?
12-14 hoursBasic Combat Training or Boot Camp is a 10-week training course designed to turn ordinary men and women into exceptional U.S. soldiers. While at Basic Training new Army recruits will train for 12-14 hours a day, Monday through Saturday.
What happens if you cry at Marine boot camp?
The human body cries to protect itself. You will still get ridiculed, but hey, it happens to everyone. If you cry because the DI’s are gently raising their voice at you, well then you might have 3 DI’s come down on you so hard; something like you have never seen before in your life. It may also get you a new name.
What do drill sergeants yell?
Drill instructors call it “frog voice” — that raspy effect they develop from yelling commands to recruits, yelling at recruits and, sometimes, just yelling. Yelling for hours and days and weeks on end. Yelling so much that, sometimes, all that comes out is a croak. Or a whisper-scream.
What is a Marines salary?
Marine Infantry SalaryPercentileSalaryLocation10th Percentile Marine Infantry Salary$47,983US25th Percentile Marine Infantry Salary$61,449US50th Percentile Marine Infantry Salary$76,239US75th Percentile Marine Infantry Salary$85,117US1 more row